President’s Staff Meeting Minutes
July 18, 2017
Mickles, Peter Dorman, Cindy Wallin, Michael Farris, Patti Saffioti, Pat Gatti,
Mike Danos, Sue Cochrane, Kenny Holt, Ed McGee, Mary Evans, David Lightfoot,
and Jim Lemons
Enrollment Mapping Process: Muriel
- There has been a team chosen to participate in this process
that looked at the enrollment process and evaluated our ups and downs.
- It was facilitated by the audit department from the VCCS,
although it was not an audit.
- It was a session to learn the enrollment process of
onboarding our students.
- Helped to look at our weaknesses so the supervisors would
know how to improve their processes/policies/etc.
Electronic Classroom: David
- As a result of the Great Colleges to Work For outcome, one
of the issues faculty said was not up to par is the instructional environment in
the classroom with regards to technology.
- David gave some options that they are looking into, but said
that he would like feedback from the deans and faculty before moving forward.
VIP Pass Institute: Muriel Mickles
up on the horizon. Implementation will be an involved process.
will be in touch with who will be appointed to that team.
Book Order Update: Deans
orders look like they are doing quite well.
Update from deans regarding the
workshop for HS Dual Enrollment instructors: Deans
and Cindy said they are on track for August 8th, 4-6 or 7pm.
will be for high school faculty to discuss curriculum, maintaining college work
for college credit, among other topics.
Status of high school dual
enrollment handbook: Michael Farris
said that Donna is working on the handbook for DE in the high school manual for
students. She is on vacation this week, but he talked to her before she left
about getting the handbook finished.