Date and Time: Thursday, 2/7/2013; 3:00 – 4:30pm
Next Meeting: Thursday, 2/21/2013, at 3:00pm (tentatively)
· Reviewed the survey results.
· Considering setting up Tuesday and Thursday meeting days.
· Governance Council needs clarification. The paragraph defining its purpose is unclear.
· The decision-making process cannot take away the power of the President nor the Vice Presidents.
· Where should some plans go to move forward?
· When does the recommendation become a policy? And who makes the policy?
· How long do we want this process to take?
· How does the budget process go through the Governance model?
· How do we make the changes for the college community?
· Do we keep the Governance Council? If so, we need to define the council’s purpose and role.
· Recommendation: Research other college’s protocol/agenda for the council.
· Governance Council affects the budget.
· We need to add a statement to the council’s purpose and role stating that each committee conducts all of the research and the council discusses it.
· Develop a recommendation for clarity to the council’s role and why.
· Provide examples of global decisions.
· Muriel will email Dr. Capps with questions and ask him to attend our next meeting
· Meeting adjourned at 4:30pm.