Date and Time: Thursday, 4/18/2013; 3:00 – 4:30pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 4/23/2013, 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Room: 5118
· John Poole detailed the budget process and the new zero-based budget process.
· Joey Fronheiser explained the timeline for strategic planning from a SACS perspective.
· Dr. Capps explained the previous strategic long-range planning process which did not have a vision.
· Requests for money need to have a goal.
· Goals become basis for operation.
· Tom Bushley is sending out a questionnaire to obtain thoughts on the Master Plan.
· Ideal situation – Develop goals now.
· Plan needs to be in place by the end of the Fall 2013 semester and sent to Joey to be included in the SACS report in January 2014.
· Goals are to be synonymous with assessment goals.
· Faculty is to meet prior to the end of the 2012-2013 contract period (5/15/2013) to document departmental goals.
· Goals are to be in conjunction with Achieve 2015 and do not have to be financial.
· Process to follow:
1. Distribute college goals.
2. Determine where program/departmental goals fit into College goals.
3. Develop measureable objectives necessary to reach goals.
4. Determine budgetary needs to reach objectives.
5. The group prioritizes the order.
6. CGC prioritizes the order for the College.
7. Finance finds funding to support the goals.
8. CGC reviews the funding attached to the goals.
9. President Cabinet reviews the final document.
· The College should be completed through process #3 by 8/1/2013.
· Review updated documents.
· Meeting adjourned at 4:50pm.