Date and Time: Tuesday, 4/23/2013; 3:00 – 4:30pm
· We discussed creating a calendar for the budget cycle.
· We have to make sure that what we document is what we are doing.
· VP role downwards should have published goals.
· Chancellor Goals – College Goals – VP Goals – Dean (academic) & Department Goals
o May 2013 – VP established goals
o June 2013 – Funding attached to goals for this year
o September 2013 – Assessment from previous academic year and write down steps
o January 2014 – Write academic and department goals that support action steps
o February 2014 – Write measureable objectives to reach established goals
o March-April 2014 – Write budget (objectives). CGC prioritizes; finance committee reviews them; CGC reviews changes
o May 2014 – President Cabinet finalizes
· What are the college goals?
· Should foundation of budget be based on student learning outcome assessment? (action steps for improvement)
· Who decides about money? John Poole puts together and goes to President’s Cabinet.
· Muriel is going to have Donna Hobbs change the CGC main document stating that the Chairperson of the Curriculum committee is a faculty member.
· Review updated documents.
· Meeting adjourned at 4:35pm.