Committee on Committees
Date and Time: Thursday, 9/26/2013; 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 10/1/2013; 2:00pm – 3:30pm
· John Poole explained the budgeting process.
o John & Joey are in the data gathering process.
o College community needs to make the decisions.
o Timeline still needs to be worked out.
o Departmental assessments are being created.
o Zero-based budget was a one-year process during transition.
o Balancing budget based on 57% tuition revenue is challenging.
o Compliance Assist is location where departments request budgeting information.
o A lot of needs are identified in Program Assessments.
o John & Joey do not want to dictate timelines and/or needs.
o May 1st – final deadline for Committee on Committees to submit a detailed & structured budget.
o John does not suggest using the Finance committee as a deciding body.
o Standing committee recommended – meet only when you need it.
· John & Joey will send out instructions on how to develop the budget.
· If a department is not able to obtain funding, how else can it accomplish its goals?
· Rationale (narrative) will be needed for requests.
· How can we accomplish our goals without spending money?
· The chairperson and recorder will be decided at the last meeting of the academic year for the following year.
· One goal will be set at the last meeting of the academic year for the following year.
· Committee on Committees will conduct training on committee functions for all chair people, recorders, and anyone else interested.
· The chairperson should send out an agenda and reminder e-mail for all meetings.
· Determine recommendations for membership of committees.
· Determine recommendations for the charge and duties of the committees.
· Irene will update the calendar.
· Meeting adjourned at 3:30pm.